Thursday, October 23, 2014

In Which I Survive Introducing Myself To A Stranger

You know what?  I went to the library all by myself today.  I haven't done that in years, it seems.  I had forgotten that a trip to the library can be relaxing and fun.  Especially when I owe only $5 in overdue fines...

Then this evening I went out to hear Anna speak (I know, again - I am becoming a stalker).  I actually worked up the nerve to introduce myself this time.  It was a small group and a great discussion.  My only disappointment was that my copy of Rare Bird didn't arrive in time (Yoo-hoo, Amazon - what's up with the (not) 2-day delivery?), so Anna couldn't autograph it.  Looks like I will have to keep stalking her, I guess.

Okay, usually I sit down and start typing and a topic sort of emerges, but tonight my Muse stays stubbornly silent.  So I leave you with this informative video on the perils of second puberty (aka middle age).  Enjoy!




8 comments:

  1. I like the name "Second puberty" Between my two teens' and my hormones it is pure crazy around here!
    Stop by my blog this weekend. I'm giving away a free copy of New Beethoven Dog Movie. Just leave a comment! http://japolina.blogspot.com/2014/10/giveaway-free-blu-raydvd-of-beethovens.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bummer about the non-arrival of the book. I've noticed a definite slowing of Amazon's delivery and I'm getting frustrated because things are not arriving when I need them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It kills me that I am annoyed that I didn't get something within 48 hours - when I was growing up, everything took 4-6 WEEKS, for heaven's sake.

      Delete
  3. The video is hilarious! And sadly, true. Good for you for introducing yourself! I need to get out of my comfort zone more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you get your book signed--she is amazing.

    Haven't even blogged about meeting you in DC. My life is insane.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think I can read that book. It looks wonderful, but I can't.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I still need to buy my 2 copies. Yet again, you are reminding me without meaning to.
    I know a family who would really appreciate a copy someday but their own grief is still so raw and fresh... so I'm not in a huge hurry. However, if Anna makes it over to my part of the world, I'd better give Amazon extra time to get here first.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm still working up the courage to order Rare Bird. Good for you for introducing yourself. I've had a few Amazon Prime orders be pokey. That's just not right, I tell ya.

    ReplyDelete