Thursday, May 24, 2012

Good-Bye, Miss June!

Wow!  Next month, for my birthday, I was going to beg a few people to add themselves to my Followers list over there to the right, just so I could reach an even 300; but in the past few days there has been a sudden surge (as it were) that brought me PAST 300.  All the way to 301, in fact.  Go, me!

I'm proud to count myself among those people in this world who have life goals which do not make other people feel inadequate.  That's just the way I am.  You're welcome.

And I would like to thank Homemaker Man for explaining to me, in the comments on my previous post, that that round glass thingie on the XBox Kinect is used to spy on me while I exercise.  I had suspected as much.  I think I'll just stick to my Girl-Scout-cookie-eating exercise regimen, thanks.  It's something I can understand, and it doesn't require me to clean up the family room and organize the utility room first.

Girl Scout cookies are my friends.

In breaking blogging news, June Gardens of Bye-Bye Pie is bidding us a sad adieu.  After blogging for 5 years over the most inconsequential stuff one can imagine and making it actually interesting (in a weird sort of way), she has decided to hang up her keyboard and join more fully in that activity known to most of the world as "real life."  Good-bye, Miss June!  We'll miss your ding-dangs and your banter with Hulk in the comments. 

And remember - old bloggers never die.  They just forget to click "Publish."

7 comments:

  1. okay -- if my comment appears twice --- I'm sorry!.

    Anyway -- congrats on 300+ followers!! And I'll have to go check out the departing blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousMay 24, 2012

    Whew--301! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I refuse to accept that June is not going to blog any more. Think we could talk her into maybe once a week? How will I live without my Bye Bye Pie?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and me both, Shelley...you and me both. What's weird is that there is no way to describe what was so great about that silly blog. Or the commenters. One of those things where you just had to be there, I guess. I'll miss Hulk.

      Delete
  4. I checked out the bye bye blog and 178 comments on her goodbye post. MAYBE I SHOULD QUIT TOO!! God knows I've thought about it enough.

    Almost all of my original readers have quit blogging since I began in 2006. I miss them but now I've got Twitter and that damn FB to occupy me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. AnonymousMay 24, 2012

    "They just forget to click 'publish.'" I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on reaching 301! Hmmmm... As a newbie blogger I totally relate to watching that list of followers grow or not grow. When I started blogging I was certain that I didn't give a flying fig about the number of followers or whether anyone would read my posts--now I confess to checking stats and getting excited every time another follower's icon shows up (twisted, huh?)! The number of times I've wanted to quit simply because I'm only up to 12 is pathetic, and I've reminded myself that I didn't start writing to grow readership--I started writing because it's free therapy.

    Here's why I keep coming back to your blog, Suburban Correspondent: You keep it real, you care, and you make me smile. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete