Thursday, August 04, 2011

Cinderella Syndrome

Yup, it's that time of year again.  I'm home and everyone else (it seems) is off having fun, meeting each other and staying up until all hours of the night talking.  They're going to the ball, and I'm sitting home wondering how we managed to spend 3000 dollars over the past 2 days fixing our minivans.  Don't these other bloggers have minivans to repair?

I've always wanted to see San Diego, too.  I hear it's not humid there.  And, unlike last year, I wouldn't have worried about bedbugs  - I would have just wrangled a house guest invitation from JugglingJenn.

But BlogHer did give me a consolation prize this year.  They decided to feature my Camping Survival Tips post this Friday on the BlogHer website.  Yup, that does happen to be the one day a year NO ONE is reading blogs because they are all at BlogHer11. But hey, it's the thought that counts, right?

Now if only they'd give me a free ticket to BlogHer next time.  Because, ladies, 300 dollars?  Are you kidding me?  I mean, if I could afford 300-dollar conferences, I wouldn't be going camping in the first place.  It's not as if I have any sort of a hankering to commune with nature, you know.  I've got plenty of nature invading my personal space as it is around here. 

300 dollars...please tell me that includes the hotel room?






[Charlie Brown image: avatarity.com]

6 comments:

  1. You wouldn't have to wrangle an invitation--you have a standing one.

    No, $300 does not include the hotel room--but I'm told they have good swag. We'll see tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, if it makes you feel better, my big plans this week involve scrubbing black yucky gunk off my deck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa--$300 just to GO? I had no idea. Wow.
    And there you sit, a celebrated blogger with no carriage to get to the party.
    (But perhaps a mouse? No?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, it doesn't include the hotel room. Or airfare. Although admittedly, BlogHer is the most reasonably priced conference.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm guessing most people that make money off their blogs are using it as a "business expense" to write off on their taxes? If only ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on getting picked! :)

    ReplyDelete