Friday, June 24, 2011


This post is just too good not to share.  But I would have titled it, "And this is why you should love The Bloggess..."  Here's a sample:

Then Laura came to pick me up so we could go to the discount outlet together, and as Victor gave me a kiss goodbye he lovingly whispered, “You are not allowed to bring any more goddam towels in this house or I will strangle you“.   And that was exactly what I was still echoing through my head an hour later, when Laura and I stopped our shopping carts and stared up in confused, silent awe at a display of enormous metal chickens, made from rusted oil drums.

Laura:  I think you need one of those....

Now GO! Find out why huge metal chickens make lousy anniversary presents, will you?  The caption on the last photograph is just icing on the cake.

**************
My birthday has been re-postponed to Saturday.  I had a feeling that would happen.  Bright side?  I'm still 47.

**************

I had tights like those, too!
 My friend Carol (of garlicky giggles fame) has seen fit to harass me in the comments to last Friday's post.  Carol?  You might pretend you are doing me a service by asserting that you saw Tracy Partridge in a high school sex ed video depicting the realities of childbirth; but I fear your motives may be of the non-altruistic sort.  You're jealous, I suspect - yes, jealous of my having retained a childhood sense of whimsy into adulthood whilst you have morphed into a jaded, bitter woman pretending not to mourn the youthful illusions ripped from her too soon.

No matter - as I stated in Friday's comments, I will persist in clinging to my dreams of tambourine grandeur, tarnished as they might be by the thought of innocent little Tracy screaming labor-induced obscenities. Try as you might, Carol, you can't take that away from me.


**************

 Did I mention my birthday was postponed twice?  Oh, I did?  Well, then...

**************

Product rave: Trader Joe's Peach Pops!  Buy them!  Yum! 


Only 2 dollars!  Full of real peach goodness!  And no compensation has been received for this review!  I've even provided all my own exclamation points.

**************

I've had a hankering lately to say to someone,   "Back off, man - I'm a journalist!"  The opportunity never seems to come up, however.  Maybe because the statement's not true...

**************

Be sure to mosey on over to the original 7 Quick Takes, guest-hosted by Betty Beguiles this week because Jennifer of Conversion Diary just had her baby.   Betty is collecting money for a babymoon present - childcare/household help during those crazy first weeks.  For some reason, she thinks that Jennifer (with 5 children under the age of 7) might need some of that...





[Tracy Partridge photo: The Whine Sisters]
[Peach pops photo: All You Need Is Love]

5 comments:

  1. Happy early birthday!

    I guess Tracy was trying to break out of that child actor thing. Did not work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The good news about your birthday being postponed (again) is that I know have more time to purchase and send you a huge metal chicken.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just clicked over and read the blog at The Blogess. I spit my coffee out a couple of times! She's funny...but does she always use such language???

    (When did I turn into my grandmother?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. On the bright side, it's one spawn closer to an empty nest and grandchildren that go home with their parents just minutes after having consumed a large lollypop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. AnonymousJune 25, 2011

    happy birthday (again) - it's saturday in this time zone which means IT'S YOUR DAY!!! w00t

    ReplyDelete