Sunday, October 31, 2010

Let The Festivities Commence

6 PM on Halloween and the sugarfest, it has begun...

Halloween fairy wings?  Made, thanks to all you lovely commenters out there.  Although, when I showed them to Anna, she started laughing.  I'm happy to see this particular teenage girl regaining her sense of humor, even if it does tend to be at my expense.

No matter, Rachel likes them.  And, fortunately, Larry is the one stuck with the job of affixing said wings to the girls' backs.  He's not a happy camper right now.  I just caught him muttering something about staples.

David is working frantically to put the finishing touches on the IPhone costume he is creating for Brian.  It comes complete with Halloween-themed apps.  David is going as Steve Jobs, which would have been the easiest costume ever if Target or Kohl's had seen fit to stock black mock turtlenecks this fall.  As it is, I've been running all over town in search of this particular piece of wardrobe holy grail.

And now?  It is time to roll up our sleeves and start sampling Snickers.  Yes, we can...

5 comments:

  1. And again I say, yes we did!
    Although my kids costumes required little to no activity on my part. I'm currently nibbling on Baby Ruths.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant! Awesome costume ideas--and staples would add a little glitter to fairy wings...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on getting the wings done! Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pumpkins. And, a day later, I love my kids' candy stash. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My kids are well-trained to direct all Snickers bars to their mama.

    ReplyDelete