Saturday, May 22, 2010

Hope

Tonight, on the phone:

My friend: What will we do with the 7-year-olds this summer? Any ideas?

Me: I was thinking of this camp Rachel's art teacher runs....there might still be room for our kids.

My friend: When is it? How much?

Me: Let me just search my inbox for the email she sent me last month...oh, um, wait...maybe not...


Okay, one email - there is one email I shouldn't have deleted. You know, 1 out of 10,878 is not too bad. I'm certainly not going to beat myself up about it. And right now? I have only 2 emails in my inbox. I am amazing.

But I still don't have that art camp info.

Also? Anna and I went shopping today to buy her a bathing suit (oh, yes, we did!), and no blood was spilled. No glares were leveled. No feelings were hurt. This could be the start of a new era, people, an era of peace, love, and understanding. Change is in the air, I tell you. I've seen it with my own eyes.

10 comments:

  1. Congratulations to both of you! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering if Anna was emerging from the teenage attitude. I am glad to hear there is hope, as my beautiful daughter is now firmly entrenched in the land of hostile glares and eye-rolling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bathing suit shopping. The three most dreaded words, teenager or not! Ugh.

    I went with my daughter (24) last year to find one for me. I tried one on, with a cute skirt and tankini top. "Mom, you look like you're going to lunch!" I still can't get the image and sound out of my head.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so inspired. Maybe I'll go delete my inbox. I keep telling myself there's nothing in there that can't be retrieved in another manner.

    And more importantly: What a victory with the shopping!

    Inspirational all around today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought she would be returning to the human race soon. My Sara 14 1/2 has become an ornery teenager recently. I repete the mantra daily, "In 18 months she will be human"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your daughter lets you shop with her? I'm impressed.

    And are you sure your email doesn't have a holding tank for deleted messages? I have a folder I can dip back into if I accidentally delete something.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fun shopping expedition for a bathing suit? That is a fantasy!

    Peace, love and understanding is a wonderful thing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bet you couldn't go bathing suit shopping with me without getting a couple of looks - so obviously, Anna is getting past it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. AnonymousMay 24, 2010

    Whoa! You had FUN shopping with Anna? That is incredible and awesome!

    ReplyDelete