Monday, March 17, 2008

Howdy!

Oh, my - all these new visitors coming over from Dawn's blog today, and I haven't even tidied up. How embarrassing.

I must say, Dawn's ability to influence people's behavior is a little frightening to me. Thank goodness all she did was to hyperlink to my little blog. Imagine if she had backed, say, a specific presidential candidate - the election would be all but over. And, please, Dawn, don't even think of saying anything negative about the current state of the economy - the resultant crash would make the Great Depression look like a spending spree.

Is it good for one person to have that much power in a democratic society? Maybe some PhD type (I'm talking to you, Kalynne) should write a paper on The Civilization-Altering Potential of Blogospheric Influence.

"But where are the mice?" you ask. After all, you were led to this post believing that there was a mouse saga of epic proportions happening here. Just type "mice" and "mouse" and maybe "rodent" in that search box at the top left of the page, and peruse what comes up. But bear in mind that we do have other regularly-occurring features here - alienated teenagers, cute toddlers, demonic 4-year-old girls who decapitate stuffed animals for sport....it's a veritable three-ring circus of domestic dysfunction (sp?), all for your reading pleasure.

Y'all come back now, you hear?

13 comments:

  1. Haha! I already did! But I gave it a different title, "The Friendship of Buzz, Blog and Swag." And yes, Dawn is its centerpiece.

    http://phdwithninekidspapers.blogspot.com/2008/03/friendship-of-buzz-blog-and-swag-clean.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm here of my own volition. However, my curiousity is now piqued and I will saunter over to Dawn's site. Share and share alike.

    I feel right at home here with dismembered stuffed animals. Hasn't happened yet, but it is only a matter of time...

    And Kalynne rocks. She blew away my period cramps this morning with her hysterical post on my blog. Not that you were askin' about dat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. im with jck. i'm on my way over to dawn's. this blogging is a tricky and dangerous thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there, thought I would pop over and check out your blog. Read the stuff about your Anna, jeez my daughter is going to be 13 and I know it is going to be difficult, and I have a step-daughter who is 14 and if looks could kill, well I would already be dead, LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. melani - Yes, we don't call it the death glare for nothing, you know...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just the very fact that you got a shout-out from Dawn means that you have arrived. YOU could be the next presidential candidate. Truly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I actually think I originally found Dawn through YOU. Don't underestimate your blogluence!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i'm one of Dawn's followers but i'll check out your blog regularly as well now!

    love your writing!!

    Franzi

    ReplyDelete
  9. "Oh, my - all these new visitors coming over from Dawn's blog today, and I haven't even tidied up. How embarrassing." Funny gal. You. Are.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always do (come back). :-)

    I'll check out Dawn's blog, too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The blog looks fine--your new visitors will love you JUST THE WAY YOU ARE. Mice and all:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great blog! I got here from just another manic mommy's blog. I have a 13 yr old and an 11 yr old god love you for homeschooling. I would probably have committed suicide.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I came from Dawn's link to read your blog. Your blog is awesome! In regard to your mouse problem, you have to go outside and carefully scan your whole house. If you find any holes, patch them up with steel wool (brillo pads work fine) Mice can't eat through steel wool. Pay special attention to the dryer vent outside to make sure that there are no openings around the vent. That is where my mouse problem originated.

    ReplyDelete