Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Still Summer

No rain. Hot. What else is there to say? The little kids, God bless 'em, are still excited about going to the pool. But what choice do they have? There's nothing else going on. Unless you count the new (the fifth one this summer) jigsaw puzzle we've started on the dining room table. How come the activities that would be considered pointless time wasters if I were an adult living alone become totally worthwhile just because I have young children? Maybe that's why I keep having babies - to justify my willingness to spend my summers doing jigsaw puzzles, making lemonade, and hanging out at the pool. A real adult couldn't get away with that. I've got it made. I think.

2 comments:

  1. A real adult couldn't get away with that.

    You can't be serious! I get away with this all the time! Seriously, goofing all is what makes life worthwhile. Too many people take life too damned seriously.

    Enjoy the lemonade and jigsaw puzzles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't help but agree with you there. I just can't imagine how people without small children manage to get away with it.

    ReplyDelete